Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Eggsellent Easter ...

The end of Lent finally arrived. I was so excited to eat candy. Uh ... did I say that?!?! I meant, of course, for Easter Sunday! I bought Isabella a "princess" basket ... I just couldn't help myself.

My mother has said that when I was little I would only wear pink and purple and threw a fit if I didn't have a bow in my hair. Well, I was determined that MY little one would not be so "girlie." Well ... I take it back. I'm creating a monster. I can't stand it if she doesn't match; I can't stand it if her shoes don't match her clothes; and I can't stand it if she doesn't have a bow in her hair to boot! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?! Wait ... don't answer that, please. Thankfully, all my anal-retentive ways haven't rubbed off on her yet ... she tried to eat Toby's tennis ball that we play fetch with the other night and then rubbed all the dirt into her chubby little hands and squealed with delight. Yes, I sprinted for a washcloth, soap, and hand sanitizer. Anyway ... back to Easter. We went up to NWA for the weekend to see my fam. We spent Saturday at the Hogs baseball game. It was so much fun and a BEAUTIFUL day to be outside. Shout out to Mike - my daddy and Isabella's "popo" - for making such fun plans and getting the box seats! Then, we cooked steaks on the grill (well ... dad and Brad did) and plopped down to watch the NCAA games. I digress for a moment ...

HOLY CRAP ... BUTLER?!?! What a story. They didn't quite pull it off this week, but dang. I did NOT have that one pegged; however, I DID whip both my father and husband as far as brackets go, thank you very much!
And ... back to Easter ...

I filled blue and green plastic eggs for my nephew, Jack, with puffs and freeze-dried yogurt bites so that they could actually be opened & eaten! Isabella found his eggs first thing when she came in our room on Easter morning. She kept bringing one by one over to our bed ...

So ... I went ahead and let her find her basket with ... you guessed it ... pink and purple eggs!



We all got ready for church and got Isabella into her Easter dress ...



By the time Easter service ended, Isabella was past due for a nap and was not as interested as I had hoped she'd be in hunting eggs. However, she was a good sport and let us take a few pictures.



I hope everyone had a happy Easter. I am ever so thankful for our Lord ... for dying for me ... for loving me in spite of my sins and shortcomings ... for all the blessings He bestows. I am also thankful for my family and friends who are Christ-like by also loving me in spite of my imperfections. Thank you to all our family & friends for your love & support each day. Until next time ...
Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment